DIY Glam Silver Canvas Tiles


As with any home, ours is still a work in progress. I have so many projects I’d like to do! I should really stop for a minute, step back, and be proud of everything we’ve accomplished so far.

After years and years of living in college dorms with white brick walls, and then strings of white-shoe-box apartments in New York City, I vowed to myself that the day I finally had a place of my own, every single inch of it would be PAINTED IN A COLOR. No more white walls ever again! Life is wayyyyy too short for me to be blinded by the white!!!!

Well, we’re on our way to achieving that dream of mine. The most important and large rooms are painted. However the bathrooms are still sadly weepy and stark in white. I've done some punches of color to tide me over for now -- and here is the DIY step by step for these fabulous damask canvas 'tiles' I did for our master bathroom. Hmmm....I'm thinking we’ll most likely pull a color for the walls from the awesomely hippie-hemp-esque stiched shower curtain we have up. Sage green? Wheat taupe? Chocolaty brown? Stay tuned for that.

All you need for this extremely easy wall-decor-project? Four items.

  • Canvas (any size or shape you'd like)
  • Silver spray paint
  • Damask stencil (or any stencil you like - widely available at craft stores)
  • Paint & brush (your favorite colors!)


Comments

Anonymous said…
what an awesome idea! i never would have thought of this. i'll def have to try it.
Chelsea said…
I LOVE these!! Great idea.
Anonymous said…
It is certainly interesting for me to read this blog. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

popular posts

It's the Most Wonderul Time of the Year

DIY Graphic Headboard

Life Is Not a Journey, It's an Adventure

Happy Halloween-EVE!

Switzerland (Honeymoon Part 1 of 3)

The Plunge

Soul Ryder Hughes

I'm back. Let's do this.