Saturday Night Painting

I was a fine arts minor back in college........and really, very picky about the artists I truly honestly loved. It's a small handful. As in one person. And that person was Vincent Van Gogh. I was obsessed. I painted his classic "Cafe On The Terrace" about 39 times.


{the Van Gogh Original}

Including a mono-color version sitting on my desk at work done in all blues.


{my BLUES version}

WELL, with a new house and lots of walls to cover, I embarked on an art expedition online to discover a future-new-favorite. And who I found was Gustav Klimt. BEHOLD:

and my personal favorite....
Saturday night, I broke out my stash of paints, brushes, and nabbed a blank canvas from my growing pile and made it happen. Why spend money on a print or re-production? When you can re-create - injecting a smidge of your own style, and enjoy the tangible paint strokes? The true medium it was created in.

Comments

Mom said…
Superb Job !
Spider42 said…
very nice.
and may I just say you have an excellent blog here, very creative.
will drop by from time to time if thats alright.
cheers..
Paula said…
I love your blog!

Have a nice time!
Paula

popular posts

It's the Most Wonderul Time of the Year

DIY Graphic Headboard

Life Is Not a Journey, It's an Adventure

Happy Halloween-EVE!

Switzerland (Honeymoon Part 1 of 3)

The Plunge

Soul Ryder Hughes

DIY Glam Silver Canvas Tiles

I'm back. Let's do this.